What is King B Live?
This is taken from the first post of King B Live. –z’King
My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others! —Marquis de Sade
For those of you who made your way over here from The GOC, welcome. For those of you who stumbled here through other means, well, welcome. Consider the above quote the root source for this site.
King B Live is, as noted, the political wing of God’s Own Crunk (aka The GOC), the ongoing locale of The Dope Show. Confused yet? Doesn’t matter. Is what it is. Now, what is this?
I’ve spent half my life writing about politics and current events, and then one day, I’d had enough. Sick and tired of being sick and tired, so the saying goes, I quit writing about politics and current events, and focused the inane things I love: music, books, film, memes and, of course, Boxxy. Going half mad from exhaustion, I checked myself into an asylum for two months, and have emerged refreshed and victorious over the demons that rule my soul – driven by my Id, I am now heretofore ready to focus on the matter unrelated to the crunk, namely, what in the hell is going on?
I wanted to wait until after the midterm elections, not only to enjoy the peace that an asylum offers the troubled soul, but to get the hell away from the bump and grind of American political life. Specifically, I grew tired of the daily pronouncements of one Pres. Barack Obama, heretofore and forever after known as Fred-6 (see here for origin). As an American, I wish the man zero harm, but I despise every fiber of his being as much as I loathe the brainwashing that took place of half the voting public a mere two years ago.
In short, I wanted to stand up and scream has everyone lost their fucking minds!and for a long time (relatively speaking), I did. I got a few places, made some points, and that was that. Very little changed, I grew disenchanted, and tossing my nickel in the fuckitbucket, took a sabbatical from The Game.
The Game is back on.
After the lesser of two evils made a sweep through Congress, the nation’s gubernatorial palaces and its statehouses, I felt the need to return to The Game. In short, it’s back on.
I’m not a fairweather fan, nor am I a Republican. I am best described as equal parts Libertarian, Libertine, Objectivist and, since you don’t care but I’m putting my cards on the table, Atheist. From these similar yet slightly different ingredients my political views have formed, and from this mish-mash of -isms I shall bring for the pleasure and pain of The King.
A brief overview of the sources of my thinking (or lack thereof, if you’re so inclined):
- The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand
- Basic Economics, by Thomas Sowell
- The Prince, by Nicco Machiavelli
- The Idiot, by Fydor Dostoevsky
- The Road to Serfdom, by F.A. Hayek
And so forth – you get where I’m going with this. Before continuing with the substance, a note about The GOC.
The GOC will remain the site for all writing about the King’s various pastimes, up to and including sex, relationships, movies, music, television, film, memes, the Netz and so forth. It is meant as an apolitical place, and that is what it shall remain. It may be needlessly confusing, but there are links to there here, and there are links to here there. Like any other sentient being (only moreso), I’m a complicated man – I like separating the political from everything else, because I’m not a Liberal and therefore don’t insert my politics into everything.
So, here are some premises – some shallow, some deep – that will guide King B Live, for I’m nothing if not forthcoming:
- America is the greatest idea ever conceived by Man
- Its founding documents are the greatest blueprints for human happiness codified by Man
- Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness are inalienable – they cannot be granted nor can they be taken away without force
- As such, we are (ideally) a nation of God, guns, private property, free enterprise, human freedom which celebrates a culture of human life
- Ideally, Capitalism is the most ideal political utopia
- Rights are not granted, grants are not rights
- There is no such thing as a moral or ethical collective right
- Our current rate of taxation, at all levels, is insidious
- Public sector unions are evil
- And finally, the driving maxim by which I live, work like you’re not guaranteed a job, and avoid people who avoid working.
With that, I close. Welcome to King B Live, The Dope Show is now politically active.